Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 01 - Your Favourite Song

It's difficult to pick just one favourite song, because I like so many, and what I like the most can change quite drastically based on my mood.  I decided for this one, to go with the song that, according to iTunes, I listen to the most.  On my laptop, that would be "Hotel Yorba" by the White Stripes, but on my desktop, "Seven Nation Army" also by the White Stripes, easily is the most played.  And though I love a lot of different music, and what I listen to changes based on mood, "Seven Nation Army" has topped my favourites list for quite a while now.

"Seven Nation Army" was the first song that I heard by the White Stripes, and though I love all of their songs (really, I've never heard a song from The White Stripes that I didn't love), "Seven Nation Army", in my opinion, is easily their best.  I love the simplicity of the guitar (bass?) and drums, and the emotion that Jack White puts into the lyrics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment